除夕夜之吻


對於電影的多個 genres,我對愛情片是最挑剔的。

一男一女這個組合,可以產生無限個可能。但是,要找齣好看的愛情片,卻不容易。

這晚,找了套 In Search of a Midnight Kiss (2007) 來看,可能之前沒有期望,更讓我感到喜出望外。

電影劇情有點像 Before Sunrise (1995),也是講述一男一女偶遇的過程,但 Midnight Kiss 的場景不是在浪漫的維也納,男女組合也不談得上特別俊悄、漂亮。

故事是這樣的,男主角 Wilson 從德州移到洛杉磯,以為可創一番事業,但一年了,生活仍是百無聊賴。

除夕的一天,在好友 Jacob 的鼓勵下在網上約會網站刊登了以下的廣告:

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.

If you respond to this, you're not the kind of woman I'd go out with. I guess I'm lonely, it's New Year's and I'm willing to embarrass myself with this ad. My girlfriends over the years have been intelligent and beautiful. In the end, they've all broken my heart. My friend says I have to have a photo, so here it is.

-Wilson

故事開始了:Wilson 手機響起,這個 misanthrope 出現了。

他們見面的地方,不是在 Budapest 到 Vienna 的火車上,而在洛杉磯某條繁忙大街的咖啡店。

女孩叫 Vivian,掛著墨鏡,煙不離手,兇煞程度有如那個 "我的野蠻女友"。她跟他聊了幾句,簡單的一面試,過關。

這一天,二人在洛杉磯街頭遊走、不斷的對話(及攻擊)、逛劇院,上餐館,又經歷了一些事,在路上瘋狂的奔走。

在相識相知的過程中,Vivian 告訴 Wilson,最愛拍攝 lost shoes。

- I've been taking pictures of lost shoes for about three years now. Yeah, I have a website, theLostShoeProject.com. I've been noticing women's shoes, high heels with the heel broken off, or baby shoes and work boots and... and there's always just one shoe. I mean, that just fascinates me, how can anybody just lose one shoe?

電影放了 Vivian 拍的幾張黑白照,遺失的鞋為城巿添了一種味道。

影評人 James Berardinelli 這樣概括了這部電影:In Search of a Midnight Kiss is wonderfully romantic and romantically bittersweet. It's not about forever; it's about now.

這部電影拍得很真,表面看來不圓滿的結局,實際上卻是最完美的結束。

1 comment:

  1. I really like ur blog, and learn from stuff u wrote.

    Ha, I'm gonna keep up with ur blog. :)

    ReplyDelete